For the third year, Leone Film Group reiterates its will to invest on new author’s talent which correspond with the mission of the Roma Creative Contest in promoting new young directors from the Italian landscape. Through the Festival many new talents have already found visibility such as Davide Gentile author of the 2016 award winner “Food for Thought”.
The young director and Leone Film Group / Lotus have closed a multi-year agreement which includes the production of his first feature film. Moreover, the two 2017 winners, with “Pillole di scienza”, Francesco Lettieri and Alessio Lauria and the 2018 winner with the short “Parru Pi Tia”, Giuseppe Carleo, are also working with the company for their cinematographic debut.
Leone Film Group will award for the second year a short film form the “Italian Narrative” section of the Festival.
The winner will be awarded with 1,000 euro and the Leone Film Group will have 60 days to evaluate if to acquire all the rights of processing the winner’s short film and/or to acquire exclusive rights on the performance of scriptwriter, screenwriter and/or director of the authors related to the upcoming work of the Leone Film Group Award’s winner.
- The short film must be easily adaptable as a feature film or a series.
- The authors, to compete for the Leone Film Group Award, will have to expressly commit to grant to the company a pre-emption in case of winning.
- The short film director will have to prove to be capable, through its project, of managing the camera movement and the actor’s acting.
- The short film must have an international appeal: beside the italian language, english language short films are also admitted.
- The candidates must be under 35.
- Complete free of choice on the genre.
- The short film must have a duration from a minimum of 5 minutes to a maximum of 15 minutes.